The California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) requirement was suspended effective October 7, 2015. Students are no longer required to pass the CAHSEE to receive a high school diploma. Students who successfully completed all graduation requirements from the 2003-2004 academic year to the present, but did not pass the CAHSEE, may be granted a diploma from their local educational agency, or LEA. As of January 1st 2016, the CAHSEE Readiness Tests will no longer be available for purchase.
Please refer to www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/cahseesuspendltr.asp for additional information.
Web-Based Testing (CASAS eTests Online)
Computer-Based Testing (CASAS eTests Desktop)
Manual Scoring (answer keys are included in Test Administration Manuals)
Advantages and Benefits
- The CAHSEE Mathematics Readiness Test and the CAHSEE English-Language Arts Readiness Test follow California Content Standards in Mathematics and English-Language Arts for high school graduation
- Tests easy to administer, score, and interpret
- There is no training requirement for the CAHSEE Readiness Tests. Simply order and read the test administration manual that accompanies each test
There is one form for the Mathematics Readiness Test and one form for the English-Language Arts Readiness Test. There are no pre- and post-test forms for either test.
Because the two readiness tests are on the same scale as other CASAS tests, instructors may use student performance on other CASAS assessments to help determine whether students are at an appropriate level to take either readiness test.
The English-Language Arts Readiness Test includes these functions:
- Writing conventions
- Writing strategies
- Word analysis
- Reading comprehension
- Literacy response and analysis
The Mathematics Readiness Test includes these functions:
- Number Sense
- Statistics, data analysis, and probability
- Algebra and functions
- Measurement and geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Algebra I
Students have up to two hours to complete each test.
|CAHSEE Readiness Tests |
|Form Number ||Number of Test Items |
|Reading - Form 540 ||50 |
|Math - Form 539 ||50 |
Order the CASAS-CAHSEE Readiness Tests.