This specialized system focuses on youth and adults entering the workforce, incumbent workers, and dislocated workers, including:
- Unemployed and underemployed individuals
- Individuals re-entering the labor market
- Individuals in correctional settings preparing for release and parolees participating in re-entry programs
The Need: Entry-level workers with the skills to move up
Employers seek workers with strong basic skills to work smart and grow on the job. They are prepared to invest in those who can learn independently, benefit from training, take on new responsibilities, and move up the career ladder.
The Solution: Workforce Skills Certification System (WSCS)
With WSCS you can document and develop employer-validated academic and soft skills and facilitate transition to the workforce.
- Assess and profile a person's work-related academic and soft skills – from entry-level skill levels through first-line supervisor positions
- Develop skills to assist those not ready for certification
- Certify work-related skills at a level to ensure success in postsecondary training and the workforce
The Skills: Focus on Work Readiness
The WSCS measures:
- Foundation Skills – Reading and Math
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Soft Skills – Personal Qualities and Customer Care
Click here to learn more about the WSCS Skills.
The Process: A System for Success
The WSCS is a three-step certification process:
Step 1 – Profile and Certify Skills
Step 2 – Develop Skills
Step 3 – Certify Improved Skills
Click here to learn more about the WSCS process.
WSCS is for experienced CASAS eTests and TOPSpro Enterprise users. We recommend that agencies have three to six months' experience providing online testing prior to implementing WSCS.
For more information contact email@example.com