Life and Work Reading Sample Test Items
Use these sample test items to:
- familiarize students with CASAS items
- give students practice in taking a CASAS test
- make future testing go more smoothly
- help reduce student test-taking anxiety
These items are samples to familiarize students with CASAS test formats. Since they are not actual tests, they are not predictors of student performance, and are not valid for level placement, assessment, or for reporting standardized scores.
Log in to download the reading sample test items in printable format or in a PowerPoint format for use in computer labs and classrooms with teacher/demonstration computers.
We appreciate the suggestion and acknowledge the initial conversion to PowerPoint by North Orange Community College District instructors, Cindi Badi and Ngoc Luu. To use the PowerPoint presentations in your classroom, please follow these directions:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Open the file. If the file does not automatically open as a PowerPoint Show, select "Slideshow" from the "View" menu.
- Use the "arrow" graphic to advance through the questions.
- Click on the letter of the answer to see if it is correct or incorrect. Be sure to click on the letter only; do not click on the box or the answer statement.
- Click on the "return arrow" graphic to return to the question.
If you have difficulty accessing the PowerPoints or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.