National External Diploma Program (NEDP)
The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is an applied performance assessment system that assesses the high school level skills of adults and out-of-school youth. The NEDP evaluates the reading, writing, math and workforce readiness skills of participants in life and work contexts.
- Assesses high school level skills awarding a traditional diploma so graduates can meet their academic and career goals.
- Designed for self-directed youth and adults with life and work experiences and a general familiarity with the computer.
- Offers flexible scheduling and confidentiality.
- Evaluates 70 competencies in ten content areas including Financial Literacy, Health Literacy, Civic Literacy, Geography, History, Science, and Twenty-First Century Workplace.
- Evaluates competencies that are based on skills outlined in the Common Core College and Career Readiness standards.