Windows 10 and 11
Windows computers must meet or exceed the following requirements.
- CASAS eTests is compatible with Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari web browsers.
- The Home edition of Windows is not compatible.
- iPads with 2048 X 1536 resolution. This includes 9.7 inch and 7.9 inch models. Other sizes or models are not compatible.
- iOS 11 or higher
- Install eTests Online Guided Access app
- Mac machines are compatible if you use Apple’s Boot Camp utility to install Windows 10.
- Stable internet connection with 1 megabit per second of download bandwidth available for every testing station
- Headphones required to administer listening tests
- The test interface is compatible with touch screens as well as with a mouse and keyboard
- Windows computers must have their internal clock synchronized with an internet time source. If joined to a domain, workstations should receive time from a domain controller automatically, but sometimes network issues interrupt that regular synchronization.
- Chromebooks and iPads synchronize time automatically when connected to the internet.
Testing Station Registration
Certified coordinators and proctors, or your technical-support staff, must register each device to use for testing, a one-time task per station. Doing this allows the online application to recognize each station and confirm its security.