Workforce Learning Systems (WLS) Training
What is Workforce Learning Systems?
WLS provides agencies and businesses with the tools and expertise to respond to the new technology and productivity requirements of today's workplace. WLS is the only comprehensive system that includes all essential components required to implement a complete workplace literacy program. WLS is a division of CASAS.
Education and training programs throughout the public and private sectors use this nationally recognized learner-centered curriculum management, assessment, and evaluation system to improve basic skills of adults for the workplace and for training programs.
What is covered in this training workshop?
By the end of the three-day training session, you will be able to:
- Use the CASAS Workplace Appraisal and Workplace Basic Skills Analysis to determine employee skill levels and to identify training requirements
- Identify areas of basic skill needs and develop recommendations for meeting training objectives
- Use worksite specific materials and the CASAS Instructional Materials QuickSearch to design customized curriculum appropriate for the workplace
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies that meet training objectives
- Use a variety of workplace appropriate assessment instruments to target instruction and to evaluate progress
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for developing and implementing workplace training programs, including:
- Conducting job analyses and employee appraisal testing
- Designing workplace programs
- Evaluating outcomes
- Selecting and training worksite instructors
- Designing curriculum that is based on the initial appraisal and job analysis results
- Conducting training
- Monitoring employee progress in class
How is this different from other CASAS training?
Education and Business participants will learn how to work together to determine employee educational needs and to set attainable goals. This session includes training at an actual business site. Participants will practice using the Workplace Analysis and customizing the system to meet business needs. Participants will be introduced to a variety of workplace assessment instruments and procedures.
Please contact Jane Eguez at 1-800-255-1036 ext. 125 to schedule a Workforce Learning Systems training for your company or community. Workshops are limited to ten participants.