The Need: Increase the literacy levels of your learners
As an education provider, you have a tough job to do!
The National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL) estimates that 30 million adults in the U.S. –14% of the country's adult population – have only the most minimal ability to read and write in English.
If that's not staggering enough, President Obama has made it clear that the economic well-being of the United States is inextricably linked with the education attainment level of Americans. He says "by 2020, this nation will once again have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world." (Excerpt of the President's Remarks)
As an education provider, you
- Provide instruction and support for your learners
- Help prepare learners for postsecondary education and the workforce
- Use resources efficiently and effectively
- Meet accountability requirements
The Solution: an assessment that focuses on real-life competencies and meets the needs of all your learners
We can help make your job easier by providing you with accurate and efficient ways to document progress, certify skills, and develop instructional plans.
- Document progress quickly and effectively with CASAS assessments
- Accurately target instruction based on assessment results
- Use instructional resources to prepare your learners for transition into postsecondary education or the workforce
- Use one system to assess all of your learners including Adult Basic Education, English-as-a-Second Language, and learners with intellectual disabilities
- Feel confident that you are using assessments that meet Federal accountability requirements
I have so many students in my class who have tried and failed at a learning center. Sometimes when they enter my class they feel helpless and defeated. CASAS changes the way they learn. It gives what they learn MEANING because it gives every day situations in which to apply what they are learning. It's truly a wonderful program! ~ Lucy from Kansas