Ensure that students, incumbent workers, and those seeking a return to the workplace are both comfortable with and prepared for English-language workplace conversations with supervisors, co-workers, and others. Let the CASAS Workplace Speaking assessment help you meet that goal! The test is designed as an informal assessment and instructional supplement and covers these topics:
- General workplace vocabulary
- Personal identification information
- Employment information, job history, and education and skills
- Personal topics such as family, background, and goals
- Safety in the workplace
- Principles of good customer service, employee supervision, and workplace attitudes
Oral Interview Booklet (for test administrator)
Advantages and Benefits
- Build self-confidence in individuals' workplace speaking and listening capabilities
- Test easy to administer, score, and interpret
- Test questions engage workers and workplace students in subject matter
- Test results help guide workplace education instructors in curriculum development and lesson planning
Sample Interview Test Questions
- What's your name?
- Where are you from?
- What type of work do you enjoy?
- Why is good customer service important?
This is a one-on-one oral interview test for high beginning to advanced English language students. Topics include questions about work and social language. The test includes a variety of workplace picture prompts used to engage the test-taker in typical workplace conversations.
- Form 273 and Form 274 — 15 to 20 minutes each
Use the QuickSearch Online database to determine instructional resources by assessment series, skill area, program type, CASAS competency, publication title, and by publisher.
Training and Certification
CASAS offers self-paced Workplace Speaking administration certification. A self-training manual provides a training CD and certification exercises. If you have not yet completed the certification process, you'll need to do so prior to ordering Workplace Speaking. Please contact CASAS for more information.
Order the Workplace Speaking Test.