How to Implement – Overview
To help you get started with CASAS eTests, please email email@example.com and request the instructional-program templates with sets of sessions for your CASAS eTests Online account. The CASAS online system is fully automated to present appropriate-level tests to each student.
Instructional program templates deliver these CASAS tests:
Sessions are ready to use and reuse whenever you test – simply START and STOP sessions throughout the program year (July 1 – June 30).
Using these recommended sessions will ensure this fully automated application presents appropriate-level tests to each student. Please note that you may use these sessions simultaneously.
- Intake/pretest sessions are designed for new students and align with the recommended CASAS Intake Process. New student records are added at the time of testing. This session also collects required data to eliminate processing/scanning entry records.
- Progress/post-test session is designed to administer the next appropriate-level test based on a student’s most recent test(s) recorded in the online system. Students must enter a pre-existing ID before they may proceed with testing. This session prevents duplicate student records.
- Retest session allows you to retest students on the same day if their test score is –
- Below accurate range ✱ – retesting is required
- Conservative estimate ♦ – retesting is recommended
- Returning session re-administers the locator or appraisal if a student has been absent so long that the previous test is no longer valid.
- Registration session separates the student registration process from the testing process. Refer to Data Collection Details for demographic, program and personal data.
- Practice introduces students to taking a CASAS online test.
Test results are immediately accessible in both eTests Online and TOPSpro Enterprise (TE) Online. This includes generating reports in TE such as the Individual Skills Profile and Student Competency Performance report.
If you plan to use Chromebooks or iPads, you will first need to set up the CASAS eTests Online App before completing steps for Station Registration.
Note! Each lab requires its own set of sessions for proctors to manage testing stations assigned to the lab. Therefore, we recommend that you pre-assign stations to all sets of sessions.
The CASAS Technology Support Team is available 6:00 am – 5:00 pm (Pacific), M – F, at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide technical assistance to help with online implementation and test delivery. Team members are also available at 1-800-255-1036, option 2.